Re: odbc and mac os x

От Ray Aspeitia
Тема Re: odbc and mac os x
Дата
Re: odbc and mac os x  (Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
>I all the discussions of working with the odbc
>release, if anyone can help with creating
>documentation on how to compile for OS X, it would
>really help.
>
>I don't have the skill set to figure out what the
>problem is and am at a loss. I did recieve a binary
>from someone so I know it works, but for the life of
>me I have not been able to compile it.
>
>I have posted about the problem before but never got
>anywhere.
>
>Ted

Not sure what your problem is exactly but the following compile
options work for me for psqlodbc-7.2.5 on OSX Server 10.3.x. There
are two files that don't normally exist, that you must create,
/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini, /Library/ODBC/odbcinst.ini

./configure --enable-pthreads --with-iodbc
make
sudo make install

note create the following files in the locations shown after
installing the psqlodbc driver
if they already exist, just add the contents as necessary

/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini
[ODBC]
Trace         = 0
TraceAutoStop = 0
TraceFile     =
TraceLibrary  =

[ODBC Data Sources]
PostgreSQL_DSN_name = PostgreSQL

[PostgreSQL_DSN_name]
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/psqlodbc.so
Description = Some DB description
Database    = my_db_name
Servername  = localhost

/Library/ODBC/odbcinst.ini